Why that name

Just a quick note - I chose this title for my blog because if any of you have tried to actually go up the down escalator it is a lot of work. When my son Simon was born, I was figuratively transported to the basement. I was struggling to find out what this meant for our family, and our future. I began a journey on that day, to go up the down escalator. I know it will always be a lot of work to keep going up, but that is what I have to do now to stay out of the basement. Simon has Down Syndrome, but I am choosing every day to make life normal for him and to help us get back to the ground floor. Anytime I forget the joy and stop moving forward, I find myself rapidly descending into the basement again. Thankfully I also have an emergency stop button. He is my Creator and my Father. The One who brings the despair to a standstill when I call on Him. He is my Rock and Refuge. The One I can run to when no one else understands. It may sound cliche, but it's true, I couldn't do any of this without God. He is the reason that some days I can still smile when things are ridiculous inside. That is why the name.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pictures of the birth of a brother

As I said in my last post, I am going to put up some blog friendly pictures that our photographer took of Ezra's birth. I will leave out the very personal ones, but will give you an idea of what a great job she did and invite you into the birth centre.

So, this one wasn't one that Shannon took, but our friend Sharon took it just before we left for the birth centre. Our last picture as a family of four (and a half).






       
                                                          Just hanging out in the tub.








Andrew was reading out list of Scripture verses that we had picked to remind me of God's peace, and to not be afraid.








          Of course, there has to be at least one or two funny moments. It is my birth, after all.









   
     That moment we'd been waiting for! He was finally out, he was finally here. What a blessing!










                                                         It's a boy! EZRA!!!!










  
           My water baby! He was so calm up until just before this. Look at his chubby cheeks.











                                                      Does he look like his daddy?












                                  I guess we have to keep him. His big sister is already in love.






                                                          
                                                              Be still my heart.

















                                         Just when I thought it couldn't get any better.....









                                                            Look at his tiny hands!







                                                      Simon was so gentle with Ezra!



                                                                             Love it!
                                                           Who has bigger feet?




                                                  Sleep sweet my baby. You won't be small for long.

Stay tuned for more updates on our family.
Photo credit to Shannon Hayward http://www.shannonhaywardphotography.com/

Thank you for walking with us on our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment